kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

More of a scholarly biography and study of George Eliot's Middlemarch than the title and description suggest.

My Life in Middlemarch - Rebecca Mead

I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from Blogging For Books.

I came to read George Eliot's Middlemarch, as a lowly scholar of English Literature in a fascinating class called: Women in Literature. I really enjoyed the book, so when I saw this title, I knew I was going to have to read it.

I'm glad I did, even though the focus was more on the life and times of George Eliot herself, and how her experiences informed the writing of Middlemarch; however, every now and then, the reader also learns a bit about Rebecca Mead's life and the parallels between her and George Eliot's.

While the book was interesting and conveyed Mead's great admiration for George Eliot and Middlemarch, it did it in a sort of detached, scholarly way that left me emotionally distant from the book and the author.

So, in conclusion, if this book was marketed more as a scholarly critique of Middlemarch, then a memoir, I might of liked it more.