kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Reading progress update: I've read 391 out of 1157 pages.

1Q84 - Haruki Murakami

Ok, so I am done with Book 1, which covers the months April through June of 1984. I like the style of the two third person narrators, Aomame and Tengo, that alternate each chapter. I can get into that, since I like both of them and think they are really unique characters.

However, there is a lot of strangeness. It's the best way I can describe it. On the edge of the 'real' world there is another world that exists, and Aomame calls it IQ84 - I question 84. It's where things may or may not have happened, where memories may or may not exist, but there is one constant; and that is that is that there are two moons.

Alot may or may not have happened in this section as it's really hard for me to place my finger on tangibles with this one, but I'm happy to go along for the ride, in order to see what may or may not happen. At this point I'm just suspending judgement and pushing reality aside to see if and how the story might resolve itself, or maybe it won't, and I will be holding over 1,000 pages in my hand saying WTF. I must trudge on and see for myself, that is a given, since the repetition of certain passages and tonal effects, have seeped into my consciousness. That and the fact I want to know more about 'The Little People.'