kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Ten Things About Me

1. I am looking forward to celebrating my 33rd birthday on March 1.

2. I met my boyfriend at a local metal show. He was dressed as a squirrel (which was the mascot for the band I went to see) and I was in the pit, square dancing. We talked for a while, went to a party, and have been together ever since; 9 years and counting.

3. I have a tattoo of a sea turtle on the back of my right shoulder. It reminds me to go at my own pace even if it doesn't make any sense to anyone else, and ride the waves of life, so as not to miss anything. My next two tattoo's are going to be infinity symbols on both of my outter ankles, and a light purple lotus flower surrounded by cheetah print on my right thigh.

4. I am an introvert. My favorite ways to spend a day off are: lounging around in my pjs, reading a good book, writing in my journal, and catching up on podcasts. My favorites are:'Welcome To Night Vale' and 'The Moth.' However, I do come out of my shell for a good live music and/or literature show, as well as, interesting theatrical productions.

5. I have a unique pen collection and every year on my birthday I add one more to the mix.

6. This past year my life has changed dramatically, for the better. I'm getting back to basics, and doing things that are important to me. I have grown authentically and can't wait to continue to learn and expand my horizons.

7. I love volunteering my time and giving back to my community. My favorite places to donate my time are: Open Books, and Chicago French Bulldog Rescue. Literacy is such an important issue, and I so want to adopt a Frenchie.

8. I have done 4 tandem sky dives at Chicagoland Skydiving Center. I can't wait for the opening of the vertical wind tunnel in Rosemont, IL  this year. I will be getting my practice on there, in hopes of working up the courage to go for that first solo jump.

9. I have met a lot of really cool artists whom I admire: Billy Corgan, Jeanette Winterson, Laura Kipnis, Gomez, and Mighty Mighty Bosstones; just to name a few. They give me the courage to not give up on my artistic dreams.

10. I love starting new projects, but I'm really bad at finishing old ones. I'm working on that, as I enjoy being a work in progress, that is foreverchanging and evolving.