kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Goldfinch By: Donna Tartt: An Original Review By Kate

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt

The Goldfinch has a solid three star plot-line, in which the main character, Theo Decker, has a fantastic interior life; which isn't always explored fully in shorter novels, and why I'm giving it the two extra stars it deserves.

There's no doubt in my mind that Donna Tartt is a brilliant genius and one of the most descriptive authors of our strange and wonderful time, as the descriptions throughout this book became more important to me, than even the plot itself. I would highly recommend this story to courageous readers who love long, in depth descriptions, with philosophic ramblings.

It is most certainly a time consuming book, but if you have the time to get lost, this one is a great pick. I'm only worried that the other big books on my list for this year, might pale in comparison to this one, but time will tell, won't it?

Up next: I'm going to tackle my other favorite author, Haruki Murakami, and his big book IQ84. This is broken up into three sections, so expect three exciting updates and then my original review. Happy reading everyone, until next time!