kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Lighthousekeeping

Lighthousekeeping - Jeanette Winterson Jeanette Winterson came to Chicago during the tour of this book. It was a very exciting reading that I will never forget. I brought my books to be signed by her and she was very gracious and quite personable when it was my turn to speak to her. We all must remember, myself included, that even great writers are just people underneath it all.

Anyways, when I got home the first thing I did when I got home was plop down on my couch and devoured this book. I was like a kid in a candy shop, I just couldn't stop reading. This is a very good book about love, loss and the ties that bind. Friends are the family we choose for ourselves, and sometimes that family becomes more meaningful than the ones that we are stuck with. I would certainly recommend this book to new readers of Winterson as well as seasoned readers.