kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Complete Persepolis

The Complete Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi Let me be honest. This was the first graphic novel I ever read and I chose a very good one to start with. Once I started it I couldn't put it down, it just sucked me in. Marjane is a girl after my own heart. She's just trying to figure out where her place is in the world. I LOVED when she wrote on her jacket "Punk is not ded." I also, loved when she was rocking out to Iron Maiden and her mom looks in the room to see her playing a tennis raquet and head banging, just shrugs and walks out. Those fun times made me smile because she's no different than most teenagers. The sad times like the bombings and senseless killings that are going on in Iran made me very sad. No person should have to live in a war torn country like that, yet there are so many people who are, so I understood why her parents made her leave. They felt they were doing the right thing, even if she didn't understand it at the time. All in all, I thank Marjane Satrapi for writing such an insiteful book into the Iranian culture and the politics, while showing us how we're more alike than different.