kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely)

Ink Exchange - Melissa Marr ** SPOILER ALERT **

Leslie's life is not a very good one. Her mother left them. Her dad's an alcholic and her brother Ren is a drug addict who will do anything, including "sell" his sister to the drug dealer to get his next fix.

Leslie is the only one looking out for her and she works a ton of hours after school at a French restaurant to keep a roof over her head.

It's no wonder she wishes for a better life.

However, when she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings in Rabbit's tattoo studio, all she knows is that she has to have it. She's convinced it is a tangible symbol of change, something she desperately craves for herself.

What she doesn't know is that the symbol belongs to Irial, the king of the Dark Court. That it will bind her to him and she will be a conduit, conducting all the negative emotions that will ultimately feed Irial and his dark faeries.

I especially enjoyed the ending of the book, which I will not give away here, because it was sort of an unexpected ending if you will, but at the same time it made a lot of sense.

Also, the tattooing process was pretty awesomely described and it makes me want to get my design done very soon, just as long as it doesn't bind me to any kind of faery worlds.