kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure - William Goldman I'm bumping this one up to five stars!

I had forgotten what an awesome book this is, so thanks to the 30th anniversary edition for being published and to my book club for picking this tale for the July get together (which ironically enough I couldn't attend), I got to read this jem of a book again.

Some things I absolutely LOVED was Goldman's satire both in the story of "The Princess Bride" and in his commentary on the publishing industry. Such good fun. I also loved his dialogue and the action especially on The Cliffs of Insanity and The Fiery Swamp. Of course the romance between Westley and Buttercup is awesome too because its' just so cheesy.

I also like this tale because the discussion always turns to how do you categorize this book? Is it satire? Adventure? Romanace? Fantasy? Ironic? I think the answer is yes to it all. This book pushes the boundaries of all these categories and more thus making even more fun of the publishing industry and for this reason alone, Goldman will always be a staple in my permanent library.

Ok, now I'll stop going on and on about the book and will watch the movie for the 1,000 + time. See ya!