kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip--Confessions of a Cynical Waiter

Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter - Steve Dublanica One of the best memoirs I've read in a very long time.

It's about the human condition and how we treat eachother. My favorite quote is when Steve turns Sarte's quote on it's head by saying: "It's true that other people are hell, but other people can also be heaven."

Both the customer and service provider can learn important lessons not only about the restaurant industry but how to treat others better.

I've been in and out of the restaurant and customer service industry for the past 12 years or so. It all started for me when I took a job at the hospital where my parents worked at the tender age of 16. I served food in the cafeteria upstairs to employees, as well as, the patients in the downstairs area. I learned how to be patient and humble.

After that I went to college and to earn some extra spending money, I bartended at a bar that played live music. It was here that I met a lot of cool local bands and partied like a rock star.

Then after college I entered into the "real" world, where I've been working various office jobs, mostly reception and client work, and this is where I've encountered some of the nicest and also some of the most entitled people to date. Like Steve though, I too have built up my armor and use humor to difuse sticky situations. To be honest, cynicism is a must to stay afloat.