kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Vampires in Devil Town (Vampires in Devil Town Book One)

Vampires in Devil Town - Wayne Hixon WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK AT NIGHT. IT WILL GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES.

Trust me I know from experience. Consider yourself warned.

This isn't your typical vampire story. It has a lot of really bizarre twists and turns. I really liked the fact that I could never tell where the author was going with the story until I got there. It's like walking through a haunted house and not knowing what horrors will show themselves to you, until they show up, which I absolutely loved.

I was surprised to learn that this is Wayne Hixon's first novel. It was very well put together. I liked that in the beginning chapters, the reader is introduced one by one to all the main characters. Then in the middle, all the characters worlds collide and that's where all the creepy and strange things happen. And then at the end, the reader gets the conclusion from each of the characters viewpoints again. Really unique way of styling a story in a relatable fashion and I kind of dug that. I will be keeping my eye on you Wayne. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next! Also, many thanks for letting me download the e-book to preview the terror!

P.S. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping to win one of the ten books that's being given away via first-reads, since this is one I'd love to add to my permanent collection and when I'm in the mood to be terrified, I'd pick this one up again for sure, like around Halloween, my most favorite time of the year. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!