kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games  - Suzanne  Collins This was the first book in a long time that I devoured in just one sitting. I didn't want to believe the hype, but I did end up enjoying this book quite a bit and am interested in seeing where the series will go.

Was it the most original dytopian novel I have ever read? No, but I must admit that Suzanne Collins is a very good story teller, since she pulled me, a reluctant reader, right into the story.

The only part I didn't like about the book and why I can't give it five stars is that Katniss never caught on that Peeta was in love with her for real; it wasn't just a game of survival to him. I understand why Suzanne Collins worked the romance angle in this way because any other way and the story couldn't of ended as it did. However, Katniss' ignorance to Peeta's feelings and her self-centeredness kind of pissed me off. Plus,to me, it turned her from a strong female role into a whiney teenager.

Still, I must admit that this is one of the better young adult books that has become "popular" I have read yet, so I am curious to see where the author will take me next and if the series can with-stand the next two books or if it will become as bleak and hopeless as a few other young adult series I have started and just can't keep going with.