kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary - David Sedaris, Ian Falconer I spent 6 hours at the Border's on Clark Street waiting in a very slooow moving line so I could talk and have my whole collection of books (6 in all) to be signed by David Sedaris himself.

I had no idea I'd be there until 2:30 am, so I made friends with the people around me and we'd take turns watching eachother's stuff for necessities like bio, caffine, and sustenance breaks from outside sources. I even took a nap around 1 am in hopes of being somewhat human and not so zombie-ish when I met him. However, it didn't work, I was totally zombie-like and it took me a while to process what he was asking me. Man it was crazy!

I told David that I read this whole book while waiting in line and he asked me how I liked it. I told him, "The writing's good. I liked the fable-like quality of the stories, and the illustrations really made the book come to life. However, there were a few stories that I just didn't care for, and they all were towards the back of the book." David said, "Fair enough, I appreciate your honesty," and asked me if I knew any jokes. I said my brain turned to mush while waiting in line, so why don't you tell me a joke instead, I could use a good laugh. Then he proceeded to tell me a knock knock joke that I can't remember now, but made me smile at the time.

All in all, it was an experience to remember. However, it's not one that I will be repeating anytime soon.

P.S. I totally think David Sedaris could learn a thing or two by reading Rotten Little Animals, and I told him he should add it to his next Amazon order, just saying.