kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, Book 3)

Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne This was the hardest book for me to read out of this series. Much more brutal than the first two, this book made me seriously ponder the questions, when does war get out of control? When is the line crossed between the necessity of war and total destruction and how can you tell the two apart? I still don't have the answers to these questions, but then again I don't think anyone really does.

I really liked Katniss in this book a lot more than the first two. I thought in the first two she was stand-offish and in this one she was much more open to her feelings, much more adult, which makes sense given what she's been through.

Also, this is the one book where I cried. I cried for Finnick when he gets killed by the mutts. When Peeta comes back all tortured and insists on being shackled to a pole during the night because he doesn't trust himself. When he plays "real or not real" to figure out what happened to him and at the end I cried because it was a mixed bag of joyous tears and heartbreaking ones all at the same time.