kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson ***UPDATE***

I tried really, really, really hard to get into this book. I guess I just don’t get what’s so great about this one and probably never will. I’m hoping this will be one of those rare instances where the movie is better than the book, but time will tell on that as well.

There were parts that grabbed me but they were just too few and very far between. A few friends kept telling me, it gets better, but it just didn’t for me. I felt that the story was too bogged down in family heritage and Swedish things I was supposed to know but didn’t. I just couldn’t move through those parts to get to the “goods” that everyone else in the world seems to be enjoying and that made me very sad.

However, there are just too many books in the sea and this one unfortunately just isn’t one I want to spend more time on, so I’m saying au voir and moving onto something else. Maybe I’ll come back to this one someday, but probably not. I'm just glad I borrowed this one and didn't buy it.

*********************************************************************
It's time for me to start this series since the first movie is out on DVD and the second one is in theaters. Plus, I hear this series is fantastic and the movie looks pretty sweet too. Stay tuned for a more cohesive review once I've actually read the darn thing :-)