kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

A Visit from the Goon Squad

A Visit from the Goon Squad - Jennifer Egan "Time is a goon." Is the central theme of this book and it couldn't of come at a better time.

This past Tuesday I turned 30 and looking back over these years, I could see how time changed me, how I changed as a person, and how the future is wide open and ready to be written.

This book is kind of like that in the fact that it centers on the two major characters of Sasha and Benny. Each chapter is narrated by a person who knows one or both of the characters. You get the story from his/her perspective on how they know Benny and/or Sasha, but at the same time you get the past, present and future story of the narrating character, as well.

This book is smart, funny, and sometimes heartbreaking, but definitely worth the read if you're interested in time, music, and characters that will tug on your heartstrings long after you've put this book back on the shelf.

This is one book I'm really glad I own and will re-visit often. Many thanks to Karen Brisette for recommending this book and telling me that I shouldn't wait for the paperback version to come out before I picked it up to read. For once I'm really glad I listened to you.