kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Alice I Have Been: A Novel (Random House Reader's Circle)

Alice I Have Been - Melanie Benjamin I must admit I didn't know anything about Alice Liddell Hargreaves and Charles Dodson (Lewis Carroll) other than she inspired him to write one of my favorite novels of all time Alice's Adventures in Wonderland I have learned so much about both characters and their relationship to each other. I really like Alice. She's a very strong woman who's not afraid to admit she's human. Charles Dodson, on the other hand, comes across as kind of creepy but endearing none the less and very artistic obviously. Their relationship is inappropriate at best, but the love they have for each other lives on in book form, where Alice remains a child forever and goes on her adventures in the fantasy world of Wonderland.

Melanie Benjamin does a great job of blending facts and fantasy together in an extrodinary journey that will make you look at [b:Alice's Adventures in Wonderland|240897|Alice's Adventures in Wonderland|Lewis Carroll|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/618fRpCxaDL._SL75_.jpg|2933712] in a different light all together. However, it will still be one of my all time favorite books and I look forward to re-reading it again soon.