kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Secret History

The Secret History - Donna Tartt Ok, so I'm FINALLY done with this book!

This one really should count towards 2 books since it took me 2 weeks to read and finish it in. I really wanted to like it more than I did, but this is one of those books that I'm glad I did pick up and I'm glad I stuck with it to the bitter end.

What I liked about the book was the Classic and Greek references. Being a former English major, and being enraptured with Greek Mythology, as well as, having a magnificent Classics teacher in college really made these sections enjoyable. I also enjoyed the mystery, which frames the entire book, and even though you find this out within the first few pages, what kept me reading once this major plot device was revealed was the 'why?'

For me this book started out really slow and I wasn't sure I was going to like it but once I was introduced to the characters psychology/psychosis’s I liked the book a lot more, even though there were still some spots I fell asleep while reading.

I also wanted more psychology of the characters because I never really bonded with any of them, including the narrator, but then again maybe that's the point, I'm not really sure.

Also, I think a bit more editing could have been done, even though the pacing of the story was well done.

This was my first foray reading Donna Tartt, so I'd be willing to read her other book The Little Friend to see if I enjoy it more or less.