kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel

You Can Make Him Like You

You Can Make Him Like You - Ben Tanzer Ben Tanzer = pop culture
Ben Tanzer = PopRocks! of literature
Ben Tanzer = rock star

Ben Tanzer is all these things but most importantly a phenominal writer that I am glad to know.

Once I started this book I couldn't put it down. If I was a dude, Keith would be me (minus his political views) and since I'm going through life changes, this book came at a perfect time.

Ever since I turned 30 the questions have turned to 'so when are you getting married?' 'when are you having kids?' 'don't you know your biological clock is ticking?' My answer is what if I don't want any of those things, is that really so bad? However, going on Keith's journey with him in the passanger seat really opened my eyes and I came to the realization that even though I might not ever be ready to be a mother, I'll always be a super 'aunt' to all of my friends kids. Honestly, that isn't so bad, right?!

I also came to the realization (after a google search) that The Hold Steady is a real rock and roll band, one that I most certainly need to listen to.

Thanks Ben for opening my eyes to the chaotic world of parenthood and for giving me a new band to listen to. I can't wait to read your other books and see you around at other readings too.