kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

This is Not a Flophouse

This is Not a Flophouse - K.I. Hope This is the second book I've read from K.I. Hope and I must admit I really love the way she just serves the story up - all political, in a gritty, unapologetic - in your face, realistic way. The ending to this book is very tragic and things aren't as they seem, at all. There are loose, frayed ends, and if you're in the mood to read a book that's all tied up with a nice pink bow on top, this is NOT THAT KIND OF BOOK!

To me, this book was the equivalent of the movie REQUIEM FOR A DREAM. When I got to the end I was really glad I read it (even though it was like a sucker punch to the gut that made me cry), but it's not something that I can go back and re-read on a regular basis (even though I do agree with what she's saying and where she's coming from).

However (even with the above said), I do think this is an important read for the times we're living in, and that everyone should read this book at least once. I will most certainly continue to read everything written by this author because she has very important things to say, things that we as a society need to listen and pay close attention to.