kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Water for Elephants: A Novel

Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen Once I started this book, I had a hard time putting it down. I could tell Sara Gruen did a lot of research to make this book "authentic." I liked that most of the action of the story took place on the circus train traveling from one city to the next and at the circus itself. I liked that the story jumped around in time from Jacob at 90 or 93 to Jacob working as a circus vet during his 20's after his parents died. However, most of all, I loved Rosie the elephant's mischevious ways. She might not understand English, but she could read people's emotions and react accordingly. To me she was the real heroine of the story and I could most certainly understand why Jacob just couldn't get rid of her when the circus disbanned due to the menagerie debacle.

However, I'm pretty sure the movie version will put a lot more focus on Jacob and Marlena's romance, because you know that's what Hollywood does, even though it was a minor plot line in the book. Yet at the same time, I am intrigued to see how they adapt this book into a movie. I'm just glad I read the book before I saw the movie because I didn't want the actor that plays Edward Cullen's face anywhere near my thoughts when I read this book, since my image of a young Jacob doesn't resemble this actor at all, but then again that's just my opinion.