kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet - Robb Wolf, Loren Cordain Absolutely fascinating! The chapters about grains and leaky gut, as well as our fat confusion, and the topics of stress and cortisol or why we need more sleep, were hands down the best chapters. I also liked that Robb got down on my level and explained nutrition in ways that even I could understand and make sense of. Plus, I never would of thought a nutriton book could be funny and this one actually was in certain parts. I'm a fan and can't wait to download some of his podcasts onto my ipod to listen to in the near future.

As for myself, my own personal journey with thinking about food differently, began when I was diagnosed with celiac disease and was experiencing severely low energy levels. I knew something was off balance, so I started seeing the nutritionist at my gym, Windy City Cross Fit (WCCF), and kept daily food logs. Sheena said I was really good with the veggies but I was eating too much rice. So, we did an experiment. I replaced the rice with fat (primarily avocado and coconut oils) and these last few weeks (since the beginning of September) I've been feeling really energetic! Now knowing the science behind it and how our bodies digest makes perfect sense to me and I can’t wait to see continued results in my whole body well being.