I love Laurie Notaro's unique sense of humor and her non-fiction books are so much better than her fictional ones because of the goofy stuff that happens to her on a daily basis. This book is a funny fast read that helped get me through a trip to the DMV to change my address on my license (I was the only person having fun there), as well as, my daily commute this week.
The gems of this collection include:
- Fancy store shirt trapping
- Ambien Laurie (she's hilarious!)
- Getting banned from the post office aka "The Two-Cent Stamp Bandit"
- Jellyfish fever
- Touching Babe's Blue Balls
- Mom's emails where FWD = Forecasting World Destruction (Something I can totally relate to!)
- Oh and last but not least, the dog bark translator.
A must read for anyone with a wicked sense of humor.