kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) - Mindy Kaling Oh Mindy, Mindy, Mindy...you started out so good with this one and then half way through you just kind of fell apart girl. Is it that you're still too closely tied to these memories to be objective about them yet?

I really would like to know because for the first half of the book I was hanging on her every word, found her absolutely adorable and hysterically funny like when she talks about fad diets and says "It's only a matter of time before the Jane Austin Diet comes out, and I'm really looking forward to spending a spring adhearing to that one."

But then, after she talks about her experience with The Office it's like she ran out of material, so then she turned to her Blackberry and commented on random photos? Um, no. I didn't enjoy that part at all and then the book kind of ended abruptly after that.

I think if she had more distance from her Office days I think she would have some funny, yet meaningful insights into those memories, just like the essay about her and Mavis. That's the kind of material I was looking for that just wasn't delivered at the end.

Do I think Mindy Kaling is funny, witty, and a prolific writer? Yes I do to all, but maybe she just needed a few years of distance before writing this book.