kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) - Alan Bradley A man turns up dead in the cucumbers and feisty eleven year old Flavia de Luce is determined to get to the bottom of it, no matter what the cost.

4 stars to the lovely character of Flavia de Luce. She wears her hair in pigtails, likes sweaters, has a bike named Gladys, loves chemistry and the library, is full of wonder, humor, and practicality, and doesn't get along with her sisters Daphne and Ophelia. She tries to sabotage them on a regular basis. These are the things I really bonded with Flavia over and made me really enjoy the book.

3 stars to the mystery itself. While it kept me wondering who the murderer actually was, I thought a lot of the "British-ness" of the book was overdone. In some cases, like the history of the stamp, it was interesting. In going into the history of every building, it got tiresome.

However, I would consider picking up the next book in this series, just so I can get in and out of more trouble with Flavia.