kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Sharp Objects: A Novel

Sharp Objects (Trade Paperback) - Gillian Flynn Every town has its secrets, and Wind Gap is no exception.

This book started out so normally, with only a few hints sprinkled here and there about the underlying psychological gothic creepiness of what was to come, that it read really well and grabbed my attention.

However, it was the end that made me feel really creeped out because it all fit together alarmingly well. It was a fast paced book that kept my attention to the end, but I can't say that it was life changing, or that I will remember it a year from now. However, I'm really glad I read it and am intrigued to read GONE GIRL because I hear it's even better.

P.S. Gillian Flynn is a really down to earth person and I'm glad I had the chance to see her at the Harold Washington Library event here in Chicago. It was her talk, that made me decide that I should finally pick up this book, and I'm certainly glad I did because she is disturbing, but I mean that in the best way possible.