kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan  Cain So, I finally finished this one and it was a really great read. Well researched with real life examples and interesting psychological personality studies, I got sucked into Cain's writing and even though it slowed down in the middle for me, it picked up again at the end.

I'm really glad Cain wrote this book. Both my brother and I are tried and true introverts and I wish this book was written when we were younger because the whole book, especially Part Four: How To Love, How To Work - would of been valuable information for my parents to have known when they raised us. It's not that they didn't do a good job of it, I just think they could of done better if they were armed with the information that was presented in this book.

My favorite introverts are: Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds, Rosa Parks, Lewis Carroll, and Dr. Seuss. I also liked that at the end of QUIET there's recommended reading entitled 'introverts in literature'. I have already read quite a few and I can't wait to read the rest.

This is a book that everyone should read in order to make the day cares, school days and work places more bearable for those of us who process the world in a different way.