kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Caught Screaming

Caught Screaming - Otep Shamaya This afternoon is dedicated to Otep Shamaya.

I am listening to her music and reading her poetry. You can follow along if you'd like, just click here for the Otep Mix on youtube: http://tinyurl.com/3nonf95 and/or go to lulu.com and purchase her writings in either hardbound or e-book format.

Labeling Otep Shamaya as an "awesome frontwoman" an "edgy vocalist" or a "fantastic writer" would be an overwhelming understatement. She's a commanding presence who seeks to truly make a change in the world through her voice in both mediums: music and writing. She is my most favorite artist of all time and if I ever met her, I would literally be speechless (something that doesn't happen very often).

Anyways, if you haven't listened to her music or read her writings ever, she's political - always has been, always will be - and if you don't like her views - tough shit. She's not just a pretty face even though she's absolutely georgeous, she has something very important to say, and we all need to be listening, just saying.