kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

How to Be Inappropriate

How to Be Inappropriate - Daniel Nester I kept waiting for this book to get funny and inappropriate, but then it just ended.

My favorite essay from the book was Mooning: A Short Cultural Essay. It only had a few funny moments and really wasn't that inappropriate. Trust me, I have seen and experienced worse.

For a book that has such an awesome cover, the material inside just didn't cut it and left me disappointed. It seemed like the pieces were thoughts more than essays and a lot of them left me wanting more. Maybe if Daniel Nester had flushed out more of them, then I probably would of liked this book better. Or maybe it's just that I am so over the kind of books that try to be funny in an ironic way, but just reads like:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah [insert what might be considered an ironic and funny statement that really isn't that funny or ironic and see if anyone laughs] blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Which just doesn't translate very well to the page, at least for me.