kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

The Wishing Year: An Experiment in Desire

The Wishing Year: An Experiment in Desire - Noelle Oxenhandler To be perfectly honest this book was a bit slow going for me.

However, I think the aspect of this book that resonated with me the most is the concept of "practice." To practice gratitude every day, to be willing to take the time to clarify/flesh out your dreams/wishes, to acknowledge the existence of wishes, to actively engage in tangible wishing, and to practice being open to knowing what to do to make it possible, like creating space, for wishes and dreams to manifest. Then there is the idea of recognizing the manifestation of our wishes and dreams, since a lot of times they show up in very unexpected ways. I must always keep in mind that this is a "repetitive attitude" and continually remind myself on a daily basis that dreaming is free and real.

And on that note I leave you with the following quote:

"...What's important is that it's a belief that encourages you to pay extremely careful attention to your thoughts, because the stakes couldn't get any higher. If you live your life as though this belief were true, then you're more likely to meet each bump in the road with dignity and grace, just in case it might be the bump that does you in."