kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Mimsy Were the Borogoves

Mimsy Were the Borogoves - Lewis Padgett My boyfriend's mom recommended the movie, and while I was doing research on the title, I came across this story and decided to read it first to see if I would enjoy it. The story is certainly sci-fi and ahead of its time. The story is heavily psyhonalitical (a psychological and psychotherapeutic theory first laid out by Sigmund Freud in the 19th Century) and poses questions regarding children's development, in particular how they learn. I liked the symbology of the story and how "Through The Looking Glass" gave insight into this new learning style X, that is very different from the Euclid theory that all the adults in the story have been conditioned to. I am very interested in watching the movie to see how it's different from the original story, which I will report on later.

So, I finally got around to watching the movie and I wasn't really surprised that they changed the story line quite a bit from the original story, but it was a pretty good movie none the less. Basically, they "happied-up" the ending in true Hollywood fashion, added some environmental aspects, and changed the psychological aspects to mental/psychic abilities. However, I would recommend reading the original story and then watch the movie, as they both are great and interesting in their own unique ways.