kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Wally: A Novella

Wally: A Novella - Don Peteroy It took me so long to write this review because this little novella packed a serious punch and left me ruminating about it all of it for months after I put the story down.

The plot is very simple. It's about a 32 year old bi-polar man named Wally, who leaves everything behind - his job, his medication, and his wife - in order to go on a mission to find and be honest with himself about his past.

What was fascinating to me about the story was how it unfolds. Wally has written it all down in letters that have been mailed back to his wife Elizabeth. Thus, the reader is able to be in both Wally's and Elizabeth's shoes. Wally has not been a great husband, but he makes for a fantastic narrator. I also enjoyed the way the back story of his boyhood was weaved into the letters via philosophical discussions, literary references, and even a bit of genetics here and there. Even though the journey doesn't end happily, it ended as it should of, raw and to the point, which was why it took me so long to figure out my own twisted emotions regarding this story.

So, in conclusion, if you like well written and thought out literary pieces that may leave you emotionally train wrecked for months after you put the book down, then you should definitely read this one. I can't wait to keep tabs on Don Peteroy's literary career and read other books of his once they are written and available to the masses for consumption. Also, Burrow Press is fantastic and I can't wait to explore more of their offerings as well.