kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Frontlines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture - Peggy Orenstein 3.5 stars

This is a very timely book. As a nanny for several 3 to 5 year old girls, this book had great discussion points on the causes and effects of the girly-girl, princess, and online marketing industries; offers well researched advice, and personal anecdotes on how to help guide them through these challenging times without losing track of who they really are, as well as, helping them find their very own happily ever afters.

However, as a woman who has read a lot of feminist books, I found it to be a bit lacking, since it doesn't offer anything new.

All in all, a decent fast paced read with a likable, believable, and familiar voice that mainstream moms, dads, teachers, and babysitters can relate to and get something out of for sure, and this can prove more helpful then no questioning or criticism on the subject at all.