kpaone92

Kate Says: "Reading Is Fun!"

Amy Falls Down: A Novel
Jincy Willett
The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path Through Depression
Eric Maisel Phd
Yes Please
Amy Poehler

My Life In France By: Julia Child - Taught Me That You're Never Too Old To Follow Your Dreams

My Life in France - Julia Child, Alex Prud'Homme

I really enjoyed this book, as it was a detailed account of Julia Child's journey to French cuisine and cooking. Also, she was surrounded by amazing people who supported her, no matter what. This was one book where the romance was endearing, as she and Paul were the cutest couple.

My favorite parts of the book were Julia's descriptions of the food, both trying French cuisine for the first time, as well as, her descriptions of what worked and what didn't when she started cooking herself. There were tons of !!!!! which I loved because her voice was there on every page, and her passion was present. Even all these years later, the book reads like a conversation between old friends.

Julia Child will always be a woman I admire because she's the embodiment of the saying: "You're never too old to chase your dreams," and for that alone, I thank her very much.